Digital Marketing is the buzzword in the business world these days. Firms are not only allocating huge funds in their Digital Marketing campaign but are extensively building their strong Digital Marketing team to optimise the resources, they are putting in to get the required result.
Huge demand for Digital Marketing professional therefore has suddenly arisen and to fill this gap huge number of candidates both professional and college graduates are pursuing Digital Marketing Certification Courses. But a strong team as mentioned above, requires people with sound Digital Marketing knowledge and few mandatory personal skills.
This article talks about the few fundamental personal skills a person should have to build his Digital Marketing Career. Let's see each one by one:
1. Creativity: A Digital Marketer needs to have a creative blend of mind. He should have original ideas to present his message across to the consumer in most effective way. Creativity helps in solving problem, communicating in effective manner with others and bringing different insight of a problem or task. Using Digital marketing tool with creative approach gives brilliant result than simply using the tool like any other person would use.
2. Great Writing Skill: A digital Marketing professional should have great writing skills. Whether you are working on Google Ad words Campaign, or building an excellent searchable content for your website, writing blogs related to your business or industry or sending promotional emails; a digital marketer should know the art of writing an excellently well content. Writing skills can be developed with proper practice but in case its innate; its a blessing in disguise for your digital career.
3. Passion: Passion drives the world; so without any exception to have a strong digital career you should be passionate about your work. One should have passion for learning new tools, trends and processes in Digital world. one should be aware of all the buzz words of digital marketing. For example, you may be in the team of email marketing but you should know how SEO works for your website, you should understand analytics about your email's clicks and open rates work. In nutshell have passion to learn the whole universe of digital marketing and not just some part, to make your mark in the industry.
4. Analytical Ability: Digital marketers should have analytical ability. They should be able to see minute details from a big chunk of data and should be able to give creative insight to it, should be able to track results. According to HBR , data scientist is the sexiest job of the century. A person with analytical ability is able to easily give structure to large quantities of formless abundant data and make analysis possible for better profit and growth.
5. Eager Learner : As mentioned above, a digital marketing professional should be a quick and eager learner. He should keep himself updated with recent changes, innovations and trends in the Digital World. Digital Business is continuously changing and if people involved in it are not keeping themselves updated with latest happenings, the repercussions are fatal.
6. Great Observer: To make a great career in the Digital Marketing world, one very important skill, one should posses is to be a great observer. Observing minute details about the market, competition, industry, trends and internal company factors give better insight on how a digital marketing task should be carried out to bring out the best result. Observation is not just related to digital marketing arena, but also observing the traditional marketing approaches can bring out successful results, if used wisely.
7. Knowledge: last but not the least, a sound knowledge of Digital Marketing & Marketing Fundamentals is very much necessary to be the part of this world. Various institutions and organisations are providing online and classroom teaching for the modules of Digital Marketing. Online knowledge resource is also a great help to develop knowledge on various topics of digital marketing. A dedicated learning of about 6-8 weeks can make you ready for a Digital Marketing job.